Aglio Olio is a traditional Italian recipe with lots of variations that is loved in many countries. It consists of the 3 basic ingredients of Southern Europe, pasta (spaghetti No6), garlic and extra virgin olive oil. A very cheap, easy to make in only15 minutes recipe that you will love.
Our choice is the peperoncino variation which has red pepper flakes and makes it spicier. We have also added one more ingredient which goes well with garlic and pepper flakes: Chopped parsley which gives even better taste and beautiful color to your dish.
- 500 gr spaghetti No6
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 gr chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese for serving.
- Boil the spaghetti following directions written by the producer until al dente.
- In the meantime saute for a couple of minutes the garlic with the olive oil until garlic gets golden but not burnt. When the garlic is ready, add the pepper flakes and parsley and remove the pot from the stove.
- Now, add the al dente cooked and drained pasta in the pot with the flavored olive oil and mix well the pasta with the ingredients. If you like grated cheese add it too and mix it with the pasta